Proof | 2018 - Present
Proof specializes in data-driven strategy to help businesses make more informed decisions that drive results. Core services include digital experience strategy, optimization and automation, business analysis, analytics solutioning & implementation, and analytics training. Visit us at: www.proofconsulting.ca
- Created on online course teaching online entrepreneurs how to effectively use marketing and web analytics to make more strategic and profitable decisions. The course covers how to capture the right data using Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and Hotjar, how to analyze data to answer business questions and uncover insights, and finally how to take action on insights to drive continuous improvement.
- Sub-contracted for Publicis Sapient, leading CRM data strategy for global automotive client. Led 10+ analysts, performed CRM campaign analysis and insights to inform strategy, created automated dashboard build out, participated in CDP strategy and use case development.
- Worked with Oil & Gas clients to identify, plan, and execute digital cost-saving initiatives, including opportunity analysis, strategy and planning, KPI framework and dashboard creation, vendor selection, project execution, measurement and optimization, realizing $20M in year one cost savings.
- Completed digital marketing strategy and execution for technology client including brand strategy, customer journey mapping, digital marketing and content strategy, and paid media execution.
Manager, Digital Analytics
Shaw Communications | 2017- 2018
As one of Canada’s leading telecommunications companies, Shaw offers cable, Internet, home-phone, satellite and mobility services to Canadians with the Shaw, Shaw Direct and Freedom Mobile brands for B2C and the Shaw Business brand for B2B.
- Led marketing cloud project, in which we implemented seven new marketing technologies to enable personalization via a 360 degree view of the customer (DMP – Tealium Audience Stream, testing and personalization – Optimizely, DSP and ad server – DoubleClick, attribution – Visual IQ, cross-channel marketing automation – Exact Target, data visualization – DOMO); responsible for project strategy, timeline and initiative prioritization, and socialization of initiatives and results; achieved a 20% lift in online sales within first three months of launch
- Led team of four, prioritized team deliverables, and managed cross-functional team processes
- Defined Online and Marketing KPIs; built models for target creation, campaign budget allocation, forecasting, offer sensitivity analysis; presented recommendations to cross-functional teams, including executive level, to help business understand impacts of promotions and user experience optimizations, in order to effectively spend dollars to achieve goals
- Created and facilitated the Digital Analytics Bootcamp series, providing nine training sessions for the Marketing and Digital Product team to teach digital campaign and onsite data analysis, as well as Excel how-to and data-driven strategy; as a result, we facilitated self-serve analytics and tripled marketing team usage of Adobe Analytics
- Managed onsite tagging strategy; created new universal tagging solution and helped lead implementation across four properties to increase data quality
Digital Analytics Lead
Shaw Communications | 2014- 2017
- Led marketing cloud discovery project, working with SapientRazorfish to identify opportunities, create proposed solution, identify vendors, and model financial impacts of project, to gain project approval and budget
- Provided reporting and dashboards for digital campaigns (SEM, display and social media), and lead weekly optimization meetings to provide strategic recommendations; from 2015 to 2016, contributed to a 75% increase in budget, while increasing sales by 145% and decreasing CPA by nearly 30% for the Digital Acquisition tactics
- Built reports and dashboards to analyze onsite funnels and conversion, user behaviour, marketing channel trends, and completed ad hoc requests as required
- Managed onsite tagging strategy and documentation for development and implementation of Adobe Analytics and Tealium to allow data capture, and QA to validate implementation and data quality
- Acted as Digital Analytics team lead, prioritized team work, helped create cross-functional team processes, and provided team training and mentorship to Digital Analytics analysts and other marketing team members
- Volunteered on the Social Committee for two years, and worked with the Marketing and Culture EVP as Chair of the Marketing Engagement Committee, contributing to a three percentage-point lift in Marketing engagement
Getty Images | 2013- 2014
Partnering with organizations like the Olympics, FIFA World Cup, and the Oscars, Getty Images is one of the world’s leading producers and distributors of imagery.
- Defined KPIs for iStock search program through data analysis, used Adobe analytics suite to build data-capture tables, built Excel models to calculate metrics in user-friendly scorecard, eventually automated report for C-level executive use
- Implemented search testing program, creating predictive models to optimize iStock’s search result mix to maximize revenue, ultimately increasing the conversion rate by 6% and overall download volume by 7%
- Project managed the design and development of the Getty Images global navigation and five product pages including the Getty homepage, leading a cross-functional team of user experience designers and developers, and consulting with business stakeholders, ultimately reducing the bounce rate by an average of 10% and increasing the search rate by 8%
- Led cross-functional team to launch BBC Motion Gallery video collection on Getty Images, creating onsite user experience and search strategy, resulting in 90K+ visits to the branded landing page and 500K+ asset views in the first six months
Sales and Marketing Consultant
Independent Consultant | 2009- 2011
Event management, marketing and social media strategy development for clients in the hospitality and entertainment industry. Clients included Penny Lane Entertainment, PrimeBoxOffice.com and performing artists.
- Developed strategic plan for sponsorship, marketing (social media, advertising, and public relations), corporate sales, logistics and execution for the Calgary Stampede, ultimately netting $6+ million in revenues over a 12-day period
- Managed social media campaign for a client in the entertainment industry, achieving over 1700 new Facebook fans, 220,000 Page interactions, 3000 Twitter mentions and 1000 QM code scans within a 12-day period
- Produced a social media / guerilla marketing event attracting 2000+ attendees and 100,000+ Facebook views in one day
- Managed a team of 200+ employees to execute a 12-day event serving 100,000+ customers and generating $6+ million
Project Manager - Marketing
The Union Ltd. | 2009- 2011
With annual sales over $40 million, The Union Ltd. is Canada’s largest independently owned concert promoter. Producing 700+ shows per year, clients include Virgin Fest, DJ Tiesto, Joan Rivers, Drake, Blink 182, Ozzy Osbourne, and many more. (Since acquired by Live Nation)
- Created financial models to optimize ticket sales, which led to a 20% decrease in marketing spend
- Conducted a market research study, ultimately creating user profiles to effectively segment and target customers through multiple channels including social media, display ads, SEO, email, promotional events and traditional media
- Negotiated strategic partnerships and reorganized street marketing team to increase brand awareness and facilitate onsite promotions within six new markets, increasing average revenues in said markets by 15%
Sales and Marketing Manager
Penny Lane Entertainment | 2005- 2009
Penny Lane Entertainment is Western Canada’s leading hospitality company, having owned over 15 brands and venues, with annual sales over $50 million. Specializing in corporate sponsorship and event management, clients include Shell, Deloitte, KPMG, Husky, Royal Bank of Canada, Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic Games, and many more.
- Developed corporate sales and event management strategy for the Calgary Stampede, pre-selling $1.5 million
- Created client engagement and business development models for two brands, and implemented annual marketing strategy across four venues, achieving a 12-15% increase in year-on-year profitability per venue
- Developed sales tools and implemented quarterly team incentive programs, increasing venue traffic by 25%
- Integrated the use of CRM databases to collect and analyze customer data, growing databases to over 75,000 contacts